Terms + Privacy
Grant of Rights
All content on this Site, such as text, graphics, images, photographs, illustrations, music, sounds, videos, trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, data, software, scripts, tags, information, and other materials (“Contents”) are the intellectual property of Shadowbox, its affiliates or their licensors. Such Contents are protected by intellectual property laws under both United States and foreign laws and treaties. Title to the Contents remains with Shadowbox and its licensors.
Your access to and use of the Site must further comply in all material respects with any usage guidelines posted by Shadowbox.
All offers or promotions advertised on this Site are void where prohibited, and are subject to the posting of any official rules to such offers or promotions.
Purchase of Class & Personal Training Credits
All studio class credits (packs and singles) are non refundable as are all Personal training packs and single credits. Single credits and packs expire, and future prices are subject to change. Note that purchases may be processed by third-party vendors. All credits are NOT for resale. Any person, site or service deemed to be reselling class and or personal training credits will forfeit all credits and no refund shall be given. Shadowbox reserves the right to ban any person and or entity deemed to have violated the aforementioned and sole determination of such violation is at the complete discretion of Shadowbox and its affiliates.
Book a Bag
In order to book a bag, you must first purchase a single class or a multiple class pack. Bag reservations can be canceled with 12 hours to retain the class credit. Cancelations made less than 12 hours before the start of class will forfeit one class credit. For all reservations, we ask that you sign in no later than four minutes before the class begins, after that point we’ll have to release your bag so walk-ins can take the class. If there are open bags, you can join the class. If you are running late, call the front desk and we’ll hold your bag for up to eight minutes after the class begins. After that, it becomes disruptive to the other clients.
Links and External Materials
Modifications to the Site
Shadowbox reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site (or any portion thereof) with or without notice. You agree that Shadowbox shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site (or any portion thereof).
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The use of the Site or the Contents is at your own risk. The Contents in this Site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Shadowbox may make changes or improvements at any time.
THE CONTENTS AND SERVICES ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, Shadowbox DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OR ARISING FROM STATUTE, COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT, NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Shadowbox DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE USE OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SHADOWBOX DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF OR THE RESULT OF THE USE OF THE CONTENTS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. YOU (AND NOT SHADOWBOX) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
If you maintain an account on this Site, you are responsible for: (a) providing accurate and updated account information; (b) maintaining the confidentiality of the account and password; (c) and for restricting access to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its then-applicable rules, including (as appropriate) its Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA's rules are available at http://www.adr.org/. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules.
The arbitration shall be conducted in the English language by a single independent and neutral arbitrator. For any hearing conducted in person as part of the arbitration, you agree that the hearing will be conducted in the New York County, New York or the city within the United States in which you reside. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding. Judgment on the arbitral award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, you and Shadowbox may seek injunctive relief and any other equitable remedies from any court of competent jurisdiction to protect our intellectual property rights, whether in aid of, pending or independently of the resolution of any dispute pursuant to the arbitration procedures set forth above.
Shadowbox makes no claims that the Contents are appropriate or may be downloaded outside of the United States of America. Access to the Contents by certain persons in certain countries may not be legal. If you access the Site from outside the United States, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction.
- HOW WE COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
- Information That You Provide Directly. We may ask for certain information such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, password and other information. We may retain any messages you send through the Site, and we may also retain other information you voluntarily provide to us. We use this information to operate, maintain and provide to you the features and functionality of the Site, and as further detailed below.
- Cookies. When you visit the Site, we may send one or more cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer that uniquely identify your browser and enhance your navigation on the Site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Site (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click and other actions you take), and allow us or our third-party business associates to track your usage of the Site. There are at least two different types of cookies: persistent and session cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions for removal of cookies. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Site may not function properly if cookies are disabled.
- Log File. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. When you access or use the Site, our servers may automatically record certain log file information, such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Site, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
- Clear GIFs/Web Beacons. Clear GIFs (also known as web beacons) allow for the tracking of a user’s response to an email or usage of a website in a manner that does not reveal personally identifiable information. We may use clear GIFs or similar technologies to assess responses to emails and usage of the Site. For example, we may use clear GIFs to track when emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. You can disable the ability of clear GIFs to capture information by blocking cookies.
- Device Identifiers. When you access or use the Site using a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers,” such as a universally unique identifier (“UUID”). Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your device that uniquely identify your device. A device identifier may consist of data stored in connection with the device hardware, operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Site. A device identifier may remain persistently on your device to enhance your navigation on the Site. Some features of the Site may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Advertising Identifiers. Advertising identifiers are unique strings associated with your mobile device that are provided by the operating system. Advertising identifiers may be modified or disabled by users in the operating system’s settings.
- Location Data. When you access or use the Site using a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your device. Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use the Site. Some features of the site, particularly location-based services, may not function properly if use or availability of location data is impaired or disabled.
- Commercial Communications. We may use the information we collect or receive to communicate directly with you. For example, we may use the information to send you emails containing newsletters, promotions and special offers. We may also use the information to send you service-related notices (e.g., account verification, technical and security notices).
- Use of Certain Service-Type Information. We may use information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIFs to: (i) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (ii) provide custom, personalized content or information; (iii) monitor the effectiveness of the Site; (iv) monitor aggregate metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic and demographic patterns; (v) diagnose or fix technology problems; (vi) provide advertising to your browser or device; and (vii) conduct research or surveys.
- Use of Information with Your Consent. We may use your information for any other purpose for which you provide consent.
- HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Business Change. If we become involved in a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or other transaction, or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection with such transaction or change in ownership.
- Sharing Information. We may share certain service-type information, including information obtained through tools such as cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data and clear GIFs (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with our third-party business associates for the purposes described in the section titled “How We Collect and Use Information.” We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take physical, technological and administrative measures to protect the information you provide through the Site against loss, theft, and unauthorized access, use, disclosure or modification. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information on the Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Email sent to or from the Site may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
- YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
- Controlling Your Settings. You can limit your browser or mobile device from providing certain information by adjusting the settings in the browser, operating system or device. Please consult the documentation for the applicable browser, operating system or device for the controls available to you. You can also stop receiving promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails. Note that unsubscribe is not available for certain emails concerning your relationship or dealings with us.
- Do Not Track. At this time, we do not recognize “do not track” signals sent from web browsers. Third-party services that we use may collect personal information about individual users and their activities over time and across different websites. In some cases, you may be able to disable tracking mechanisms, but doing so may disable certain features of the Site. To disable tracking, please consult the documentation for you browser, operating system or mobile device. For some devices, it may not be possible to disable tracking mechanisms.
- HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
- CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
The Site is not directed to children and is intended for use by adults only. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through the Site.
- THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide to you via email a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately-preceding calendar year, along with the third parties' names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83's requirements.
We may update this policy from time to time, and the updated version of this policy will be effective upon posting. Please check this page to review the most up-to-date version of this policy. By continuing to use the Site after an updated version has been posted, you agree that the new policy will apply to you.