The jab is the first punch that every boxer learns. Arguably the most important punch in boxing, here are 5 things to know about the jab.
- The jab is a quick and fast lead hand punch. The jab goal is typically not power.
- The jab can be used to set up other shots and can also be used defensively to keep your opponent at a safe distance.
- The more relaxed your jab is, the more effective it is.
- You can add a step forward or utilize proper footwork while you jab to add more power.
- There are a multitude of different types of jabs. Embrace the learning curve and enjoy the process of exploring your jab!